Monday, April 2, 2012

IMATEX is working again

It's been a while since my last post on the stays. I actually sewed the binding already a long time ago but now I've got two panels of the lining left to sew to the underside of the stays and then I'll be finished. I hope to do it next weekend, if not earlier. Anyhow, I thought I should write a post about IMATEX here because I just noticed it's working again! I don't know if it has been for some time already or if you all have noticed it before but here's a link to the page. It's great the English search actually works as well!


If you get on the login page at first, click on the accedir com usuari extern and change the language into English on the lower left corner of the page. After that, click on the Imatex link on the left and search link will appear underneath. On the search options I've chosen "Thesaurus" and searched with the word "18th century" for most records of the period. If you're not so particularly interested in pieces of fabrics, you can simply go to page about 50 and you'll find pictures of whole outfits and garments there. The search is a bit slow, actually, but what's great is that the zoom is really great bacause you can take a very close look at the garments.

Happy searching! 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Thanks for sharing, had almost given up hope!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the instructions!
    I was trying to look at their database a few weeks ago and couldn't figure out how. It worked this time though!

    ReplyDelete